Volume 66 by Weownthistown on Mixcloud
Another compilation of quality Nashville music that may not be on your radar. Please, put these on your Radar.
- Makeup and Vanity Set – Hand in Hand
- nightblonde – I Belong in Your Arms (demo)
- Gay Vibes – The Stab
- Adam Landry – Fall
- Mystery Twins – TV Talk
- Hurts to Laugh – Killing an Arab
- Joe Pisapia – Burned Out
- Jessie Baylie – To Hell and Back
- Fumble – shadows I
yewknee · Monday, Apr. 20th, 2015 at 1:00pm
After a short hibernation, I’m back to posting semi-regular podcasts. The following is a collection of music unearthed during the quiet interim and more recent additions. Also, a little bookend tribute to the late Dave Cloud – who’s music I was not personally familiar with but certainly feel like diving in now full force.
- Dave Cloud & The Gospel of Power – Guy de Maupassant
- JEFF the Brotherhood – What’s a Creep
- Angela Talley – Grave World
- Sugar Sk*_*lls – Solresol
- Sherbert – Rachel Knows
- Richie – Go Back Home
- Hands Down Eugene – Eva
- Norm – Remember
- All Them Witches – When God Comes Back (Live)
- Dave Cloud & The Gospel of Power – Fever
yewknee · Tuesday, Mar. 24th, 2015 at 9:06am
It’s back! After uploading 63 previous episodes I felt inspired to make another installation. I mean, who ends on 63 iterations of something? It’s insanity. I wouldn’t call this a “Best Of” but it certain culls many of my favorites from the huge gap between episodes. Whatever it is, it’s 40 minutes of enjoyable Nashville music.
- Ben Spinks Supermelt – D
- Tower Defense – The Actor
- Jasmin Kaset – Porno Mtn
- The By Gods – Endless Bummer
- Majestico – Gimme Love
- Codaphonic – Oh Radio!
- Gay Vibes – Cowboys on Ice
- Toadies II – Good Boy
- *repeat repeat – Not the One
- Echo Group – Farewell
- Jordan Lehning – Nobody’s Home
- Steelism – China Plate
- Evan P Donohue – Felix
We Own This Town - Volume 64 [ 38:57 ] Download We Own This Town - Volume 64 [ 38:57 ] Download
yewknee · Thursday, Jan. 8th, 2015 at 10:57am
I’ve been having a look back through the archive at some of the earlier podcasts and guess what? They had one, maybe two, sentence descriptions. This exposition is ridiculous! You know what the podcast is and what it contains!
- Bully – Bully
- Ultras S/C – 1417 Roberts Ave
- Penicillin Baby – The World’s Not Waiting
- Hotpipes – Magic is Everywhere
- Bad Cop – Mama Said
- NORM – Across the Bow
- blackbear – Stormy Weather
- Los Colognes – 99 Ways
- Blank Range – Same Sun
- Kokopeligroso – Moonshadows
- Coupler – Kitezh
- Hollow Ox – Give me a Light
We Own This Town: Volume 63 (Enhanced) [ 37:47 ] Download We Own This Town: Volume 63 [ 37:47 ] Download
yewknee · Wednesday, May. 29th, 2013 at 8:33am
Another quality dispatch (if I may say so myself) from the bottomless well of goodness that is the Nashville rock / electronic / indie scene. There’s probably a better name for that but it’s all I’ve got at the moment. Enjoy.
We Own This Town: Volume 62 (Enhanced) [ 35:57 ] Download We Own This Town: Volume 62 [ 35:57 ] Download
yewknee · Friday, Mar. 22nd, 2013 at 9:21am
Now in our sixty first volume, is it safe to say that Nashville can be known for well more than just Music Row Country Crap? As you can hear, we’re chock full of quality indie, rock, garage, post-rock, absurdity and Quality Country. Just listen, you’ll get it.
We Own This Town: Volume 61 (Enhanced) [ 42:51 ] Download We Own This Town: Volume 61 [ 42:51 ] Download
yewknee · Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 2013 at 6:00am
Let’s get two things out of the way. First, I realize it’s late into January 2013 and, thus, a compilation regarding music from 2012 seems a bit behind schedule. This is undebatable. Secondly, it’s dishonest, disingenuous and distasteful to call this a ‘Best Of’ as I have in years past. There’s just far too much music coming out of our fair region to be able to put an entire year’s worth of it into a single, listenable, stream. With that in mind, we’re calling this a ‘2012 Retrospective’ – there’s some serious oversights and questionable choices but it represents a portion of the last year. That’s all we’re going for here.
Excuses and preambles aside, I think it’s a fine hour and a half listen. My apologies to all the bands that were left out (JEFF, Reid Magette, Richie, Turbo Fruits, Wild Cub, Umbrella Tree, Ultras S/C, get better, Anchor Thieves, Calicocat, Century Club, Chancellor Warhol, Cherub, Conestyle, Mom&Dad, Shaky Voices, Tower Defense, etc. etc.) but I think you’ll find those that were included to be a fair representation of the diversity of Nashville.
2013 and beyond is only going to get crazier in terms of amount of content. This is a great problem to have.
- Treekeeper – “Treekeeper Tropicale”
- By Lightning – “Take a Rest on Me”
- Mystery Twins – “Lose Control”
- D Watusi – “Brother & Sister”
- All Them Witches – “The Urn”
- Forget Cassettes – “Lady Lazarus”
- Makeup and Vanity Set – “System Override”
- Echo Group – “Supra”
- Truth Clipsy x JOTA ESE – “i’d rather be blind, crippled, and louted”
- Uncle Skeleton – “Sophisticuffs”
- Sharpneck – “Albatross”
- Jessie Baylin – “Love Is Wasted On Lovers”
- Meadownoise – “Little William”
- Coupler – “The Valley of Elders”
- Nahnee Bori – “The Fiery Serf”
- Penicillin Baby – “Jean Jam”
- Majestico – “Love is God”
- PUJOL – “DIY2K”
- Evan P Donohue – “Wish I was 19″
- POLY – “Shears”
- Phantom Farmer – “Resist Not Evil By Force”
- Tropical Punk – “Take Me To The Party, Baby”
- Denney and The Jets – “Fun Girls”
- Scale Model – “Ground”
- Ponychase – “It’s a Curse”
- Little Bandit – “Heaven or Hell”
We Own This Town: Volume 60 (Enhanced) [ 1:27:48 ] Download We Own This Town: Volume 60 [ 1:27:48 ] Download
yewknee · Wednesday, Jan. 30th, 2013 at 10:36am
What’s that? Another edition of the podcast in less than a week? Well, I couldn’t rightly leave up a Christmas themed edition past Christmas, could I? Plus, there were a few more gems released in December that needed to be put into the WOTT pipeline, proper. New music never stops I suppose!
Enjoy the final 2012 edition of the podcast.
We Own This Town: Volume 59 (Enhanced) [ 29:08 ] Download We Own This Town: Volume 59 [ 29:08 ] Download
yewknee · Wednesday, Dec. 26th, 2012 at 6:01am
After immersing myself in that Partytown Hospital record I decided to browse around Bandcamp and find some other eclectic Nashville Christmas music. In doing so, I unearthed the best Christmas present I could possibly bestow to the Nashville music scene – David Argyle Thacker’s The Mouth Trumpet Christmas Album. It is exactly what you’d think it is and it delivers big time.
From there, I decided I might as well just throw together a Christmas themed edition of the podcast because, why not? So, with that in mind, dive into this Merry Christmas compilation! I’ve actually got more Christmas related items to share so come back later if this doesn’t satisfy you.
We Own This Town: Volume 58 (Enhanced) [ 33:08 ] Download We Own This Town: Volume 58 [ 33:08 ] Download
yewknee · Friday, Dec. 21st, 2012 at 9:15am
A solid thirty minutes of some of the latest and greatest from our fine city. This edition of the podcast certainly seems to lean more on the electronic based side of things but there’s plenty of rock and a dash of country in there for ya too.
We Own This Town: Volume 57 (Enhanced) [ 28:58 ] Download We Own This Town: Volume 57 [ 28:58 ] Download
yewknee · Wednesday, Nov. 21st, 2012 at 9:52am